General Contractor specializing in building custom homes and commercial and residential remodeling projects has an immediate opening for a Superintendent.
Excellent people skills, communication and leadership, as well as knowledge of all levels of construction. References and clean DMV record required.
Duties include supervising an entire construction project from start to finish. Coordinating the activities of subcontractors, suppliers & vendors to ensure construction schedule is maintained. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate. Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, in multiple locations, is required. Computer proficiency is required.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e. plumb, level, straight, per plans, per specs, etc)
- Report and address critical roadblocks with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Maintenance of project schedule
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Liaison with Owner(s)
- Basic computer skills
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence
- Ability to perform minor touch ups as needed
- Flexibility and adaptable to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
- Ability to communicate in a clear and convincing manner
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability execute projects within timeline restrictions
- Familiarity with equipment, materials, and methods used in the construction industry
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents including construction plans, specifications, material data sheets, safety data sheets, and other pertinent project information
- Must be able to perform physical activities that may require climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, bending, and handling of materials, equipment, and tools.
Position: Full Time
Start Date: January 2016
Salary: Based on experience