General Contractor specializing in building custom homes and commercial and residential remodeling projects has an immediate opening for an Estimator.
Excellent people skills, communication and knowledge of all levels of construction.
Duties include ability to read plans and determine all materials needed for a construction project. Management of bid requests out to subcontractors and vendors to ensure timely responses to complete an accurate bid. Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate. Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple bids is required. Computer proficiency is required.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determining all materials and labor needed to complete construction project
- Sending plans and specifications to subcontractors/suppliers/vendors to complete accurate bid
- Diligent follow-up to subcontractors/suppliers/vendors to ensure responses received in a timely basis
- Completion of complete bid for construction project that encompasses all costs
- Proficient computer skills. Especially Microsoft Office products.
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as, bids out and awaiting responses, timely completion of bids to customers, and E-mail correspondence
- Flexibility and adaptable to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner
- Good problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability execute projects within timeline restrictions
- Ability to read and understand project specific documents including construction plans, specifications, material data sheets, safety data sheets, and other pertinent project information
Position: Full Time
Start Date: May 2016
Salary: Based on experience
To apply, complete the form below.